Who's behind Viva
you communicate more effectively
GFirst, the Gloucestershire Local Enterprise Partnership, has presented Beth Whittaker from Viva with the Gloucestershire Ambassador of the Year 2013 award, recognising her support for the local business community and the work she does building links between business and schools.
Our ten top tips for writing effective press releases
and media campaigns, social media skills development, copywriting for magazines, websites and publications
of all kinds, planning website content, photography, graphic and web design,
communications strategies, media awareness training, promotional materials,
specialise in helping charities, social enterprises, community groups and small businesses communicate more effectively with their supporters, clients, customers, trustees or communities, using tried and tested professional public relations and communications skills and techniques. Read our
guide to prioritising your communications.
follow us! like us!
Communications are thoroughly professional in everything they do,
prompt and understanding in their dealings with the client, innovative
and experienced. The Whittakers...do not have any of the unrealistic
jargon-filled airs and approaches that are all too commonly found
in the PR profession..." Nicholas Ford, Director, Ernest Cook Trust
“Whenever I receive a press release from Beth Whittaker, I know it will be apposite, accurate and well written. That level of quality should be a ‘given’ from a PR company; in fact, after more than 25 years in the media, I’ve come to realise that it’s relatively rare..." Katie Jarvis, Cotswold Life
See our client list
we've been working on recently :
- We were delighted to win a two-year contract with Wiltshire Council to help promote The Enterprise Network - a fantastic £5.2m partnership programme, with Government and EU funding - to create workspace for micro rural businesses along with free business support and access to rural grants
- We've been commissioned to write features about rural shopkeepers from all over England since 2009 for the wonderful Rural Shops Alliance's Rural Retailer magazine. Read our latest article about Pauline Phipps and her butcher's shop in Hanley Swan, Worcestershire
- As part of our commitment to supporting our local community, we got involved in the local community radio station StroudFM. Learning to 'drive the desk' and interview people at the same time has been a challenge!
- Delighted to have helped our clients the College of Estate Management get coverage in the national Times Higher Education magazine and the Ernest Cook Trust in the national Third Sector magazine (twice in six months!)
- Seven Rural Community Councils across the South West have been supporting rural communities to develop social and community enterprises - we're helping them produce films and learning information as a legacy of the DEFRA-funded CASE programme (pdf)
- We completed a complete review and re-write of an existing website for independent wedding celebrant Diana Saxby and her burgeoning business Grace the Day. Diana had some very nice things to say about our work both on Twitter and by email!
- We're supporting Gloucestershire NHS Dementia Training team, working with a dementia sufferer to develop information leaflets, posters and stickers to help develop new Dementia-friendly communities
- We worked with GAVCA - Gloucestershire's leading training and support organisation for the voluntary and community sector - to focus on its communications priorities for 2013/14
- Our experience running workshops sharing our PR skills with charities and small businesses is in demand! We hosted a seminar and interviewed three local entrepreneurs live at the annual Gloucestershire Enterprising Women conference and run workshops for start-ups for Gloucestershire Enterprise's Business Support Programme. Third sector infrastructure support organisation VOSCUR commissioned us to run another full day's training for charities and voluntary organisations in Bristol
- We're really excited to be working with local award-winning childcare business BarBar Nurseries, which runs three settings in Stroud and Kingsway, to help improve their website and marketing. They recently won a Stroud Life Business Award
- We're delighted with this superb commemorative brochure - full of wonderful images we commissioned from one of our favourite photographers Alex Caminada and designed by the fantastic Lesley Fenton. We researched, wrote and project managed this celebratory publication for education charity the Ernest Cook Trust to mark its Diamond Jubilee 2012
- BBC Radio 4 Woman's Hour featured interviews with three sisters who are all foster carers employed by our clients Community Foster Care for Fostercare Fortnight. We also won coverage on local BBC radio and regional newspapers - encouraging more people to consider fostering
- Happy to be working with Gloucestershire developer Colburn who are committed to building sustainable homes. Writing press releases which brought them superb coverage, and copy for their brochures
- Delighted to have helped Somerset farmers Nick and Claire Bragg plan, design and launch their new website www.frogmarygreenfarm.co.uk - and advised them on setting up a Twitter account! It's a Wordpress site but thanks to the fabulous skills commissioned from one of our favourite designers, Lesley Fenton, it looks completely unique - and very elegant
- We've helped another new client, Get-eco select a new logo and branding and advised them on how to improve their website which sells green and ethical gifts, gizmos and gadgets. We've also shown them how to 'Tweet' more effectively
- We worked with community groups in the delightful Cotswold town of Chipping Campden to help them plan the promotion of (and manage visitor expectations) of the Cotswolds' very own Olimpick Games (400 years old this year!) This work has been funded through the Gloucestershire Rural Community Council's Rural Community Accelerator programme. We passed on social media skills and encouraged stronger co-operation between the groups involved in the events
here for more about our work
our client list
communications limited, stroud, gloucestershire
private limited company registered in england , number 4737440
office: Christmas Cottage, Farmhill Crescent, Stroud GL5 4BZ
are members of the Federation of Small Businesses